So we bought Samuel this fun wooden bead toy from Ikea – mainly because he has one at daycare and he loves it. What we have discovered however is that he loves paper and packaging a lot more. Now that he manages to pull himself around the floor, he is able to spot a lone piece of paper or cardboard and beeline directly for it. In moments it will be reduced to a mushy slobbery mess.
In other Samuel Development updates:
- Yesterday he sat up by himself for the first time. He does this funny thing where he is on his belly, spreads one leg out really wide and then pushes himself backwards with his hands until he is sitting upright. I went to get him from his crib after nap today and he was sitting there looking at me.
- We are just days away from complete crawling. Not that it’s stopped him getting where he wants to go.
- He is also pulling himself to standing more. He doesn’t stay up long but he’s definitely determined.
- After months of “he must be teething”, we finally felt a sharp little tooth poke through the bottom. Must be why my nipples are suddenly so sore (sorry, too much information). 🙂
- Naomi Watts (Aussie actress) named her son Samuel Kai. We did it first (well Samuel Kei but it’s close). Does that make us trend setters?