My blog has been a little light on words lately. Not that I don’t have a lot to say (I ALWAYS have a lot to say), I’m just finding it difficult to put all of my thoughts into one coherent sentence (or 10). So, to help remedy, I present you with an unashamedly random list of the things that come to mind on the drive to work, in the shower, in my dreams…
- I’m back on the exercise bandwagon. I’ve been going to the gym 2-3 times a week and am trying to be more active in my day to day life. It’s taken a couple of months but I have finally started feeling it paying off this week. Not that my clothes are any looser, just that I feel more energized.
- Question posed to Thomas last night: If you could be any food, what would you be? Answer: “The hottest pepper in the world because then no one would want to eat me.” He’s a smart kid.
- I’ve starting posting more photos to instagram in an effort to capture the everyday. And then I got all crazy and set up a new Tumblr account to act as my instagram photo gallery. I know…nuts!
- I’ve also been trying to pick up my big camera more often so I can develop as a photographer (pun intended). The dark winter days have made finding inspiration difficult but I am determined to try and take at least one photo a day. I mean, it would be a shame to miss capturing a moment like this.
- We recently upgraded our cable so I have started watching The Daily Show again. Hands down, one of the best “news” shows on TV. The only problem is that it makes me angry about the number of misinformed, stubborn and crazy people in this country I have chosen to call home. Good thing it makes me laugh at the same time. Best quote from the show that summed up my feelings this week: “You’ve confused a war on religion with not always getting everything you want”.
- I’ve been looking at flights to Australia for a trip we have planned in a couple of months. It’s nice to have a holiday to look forward to, even if it’s still a few months out.
- I secretly hate myself for liking this Taylor Swift song (I’m not a big fan). I feel better that it’s on the Hunger Games soundtrack (cannot wait for the movie!).
- Really enjoying my job right now. I think it’s a combination of finding a little more balance between work, family and me (exercise) and the fact that I find myself laughing at least once a day. Oh, and I’m nearly done with a major project that has consumed me since the beginning of the year . Yeah, that may have something to do with it.
- I’ve been cooking more and Thomas declared dinner the another night to be one of the best ever (it was gourmet meal of chicken stir fry) and said that I am an awesome cook. Now that’s the sort of positive reinforcement I could get used to.
Finally, if you made it to the end, congratulations! As thanks, please enjoy this little piece of daily life that was spotted on the wall at daycare. You’re welcome.