I haven’t had much to say around here lately. Actually, I supposed I HAVE had stuff to say, just not the time to say it.
I still don’t have time to put together anything deep and meaning so, instead, I will share my stream of consciousness on a Monday morning. You’re welcome.
- I joined the gym. Week #1 went very well (4 visits!) and I’m looking forward to quickly becoming addicted to exercise (hah!).
- Autumn is definitely here – the leaves are falling from the trees and I’ve dusted off my winter coat. Our Summer was so short that it’s hard to get used to the fact that Winter is just around the corner.
- Although I am still firmly in denial, the end of daylight saving over the weekend threatens to pull me kicking and screaming into the new season.
- Sunset is at 4:50pm today. A moment of silence please.
- Samuel woke up in a great mood today – maybe the end of daylight saving is not such a bad thing after all.
- He went to school as Superman.
- It hurts to laugh thanks to my Yoga class on Saturday. It’s a good hurt.
- I ordered our takeout Turkey yesterday. Bring on Thanksgiving…
- …but not before I get on top of a couple of Xmas gift projects. Suddenly feeling very far behind.
- Thomas spent a good part of yesterday practicing his writing and drawing on the iPad. Moved a request for one of my own up to the top of my Christmas list.
- Catching up on Damages on Netflix. Fantastic new favourite show that I can watch while running on the treadmill – for about 10 minutes anyway (I’m easing myself in…).
- I hate ending a list on an odd number.
So I leave you on this Monday morning with a photo that is completely unrelated to the rest of post. Seems appropriate.
The theme for this week’s I Heart Faces challenge is “Black“. Because I had already exhausted my small Halloween photo collection, I had to go back a couple of months to find this photo that I took on the day we visited the Zoo right before Karin and Mayumi went back to Japan. I love how the sea lion looks like he has his own space in our family picture.
Happy Monday – here’s to being a couple of hours closer to Friday!