My baby turns two years old today (pause for some gentle sobbing).
At two, Samuel:
- Says “I love you Mummy” daily, without prompting.
- Loves hats and jackets and coats. It’s quite the obsession.
- Wears his helmet around the house every chance he can get.
- Assigns ownership to everything. (MY hat, Daddy’s guitar, Mummy’s shoes, Thomas’ shirt).
- Loves to play outside and ride his bike. We have had more than a couple of tantrums when he’s been asked to come inside for dinner.
- Has just started blowing kisses with almost every goodbye. It’s adorable.
- Likes to torment his brother when he finds a weak spot.
- Still sings the “Goodbye Song” at the top of his voice at every chance he gets, but has added “Twinkle, Twinkle” sing-a-longs at bedtime.
- Is a great dancer.
- Still says please and thank you – although sometimes only after he finds that screaming won’t get him what he wants.
- Usually does what he’s asked by the time I count “1… 2… 2-and-a-half…”
- Responds well to time outs… most of the time.
- Is accident prone right now (I was embarrassed to take him to the pediatrician today with his cut lip, bruise on his back and scratch on his cheek).
- Has started peeing in the potty almost every night before bath.
- Has almost given up the nighttime binky. Almost…
- Has three “babies” – a blue bear called ‘Baby’, a koala called ‘Koala’ and a blues clues dog called ‘Blues Clues’. He likes to stick with the basics when it comes to naming his babies.
- Is a truly adorable, chatty, fun, inquisitive, funny, active, wonderful two-year-old.
Finally, a few photos of him jumping on his birthday present – his very own big boy bed. He has slept in it for three nights now and so far, so good. I am secretly enjoying his requests to “lie down with me Mummy” when I put him to bed at night. NOT so fond of them at four in the morning…
Happy birthday baby.