I know it’s a cliche to talk about the weather, and probably not a topic that will win me more readers, but this is seriously ridiculous. They are projecting that it will reach 105 degrees in Portland today. That’s above 40 in metric (i.e. makes more sense) temperature. Tomorrow may reach 104.
The problem? Air-conditioned daycare is closed and I am home with the kids on “vacation”. I had wonderful plans for the zoo and the park and other outings that would allow us to enjoy some summer weather. Instead we are going to head to the mall. If only Samuel was old enough to see a movie. I wonder if other parents would mind if I brought my squirmy 14 month old son to see Ice Age… it’s a thought.
Anyway – enough with the whining. A few things I am thinking about today:
- Happy to support my friend Lauren who is having a printing GC giveaway on her blog. Check it out here.
- Grateful that Samuel is now walking more than he is crawling. Time to buy some shoes (I know, bad mother).
- Enjoying Thomas’ sense of humor and the way he laughs uncontrollably when we watch America’s Funniest Home Videos together. Although, I find myself constantly saying “Don’t try that Thomas. That’s not safe Thomas.”
- Looking forward to editing some photos from a fun shoot on the weekend. No kids involved so this was a challenge, but I think the clients will really like the results.
- Relieved that I finally have a backup system for my photos with our new Mac. I know it’s been way too long.
- A little tired of Yo Gabba Gabba – the latest obsession.
And…Excited to begin going through photos from our weekend trip to Lost Lake. Here’s a preview.
So what is the backup system? I have a mac, as well, and no backup. Eeks. Scary to even type that, huh??