For me, six came far too quickly, but for a little boy who is one of the youngest in his class, the journey to six years old was a long one. It didn’t help that we had his birthday party over a week ago so it made the wait for his actual birthday feel just that little bit longer.
At six, Samuel…
- Likes to play in the rain (unless he’s being asked to play a game of soccer…)
- Loves to read and has progressed from simple three letter words to entire books in the span of just a few months.
- Is enjoying the second (or, quite possibly, the fifth) resurgence of Star Wars fanaticism in our house. He has seen movies 4, 5 and 6 (the originals).
- Pushes his big brother’s buttons one minute and then can’t live without him the next.
- Spends a lot of time building new Lego creations but mostly enjoys playing with the mini figures.
- Still has all of his baby teeth – no wiggly ones in sight.
- Says “WHATEVER!” that, for most kids, would be incredibly disrespectful but, for Samuel, means he is finally going to do what I asked him to do. Still, it’s something we need to work on.
- Loves to write and draw. Lately, we’ve seen a lot of dragons, vikings and Star Wars characters.
- Does not like to be upstairs by himself. Samuel needs someone around him at all times – not because he’s scared but because he doesn’t like to be left behind. However, sometimes being alone is the best thing for him.
- Is smart, clever, funny, cute, stubborn, loud, gentle, a GREAT hugger and kisser and still my baby.
Six years has flown by. While I miss the baby he used to be, I enjoy watching him grow into a little independent boy. He and I are a lot alike which makes me incredibly happy and a little frightened at the same time. 🙂
Happy birthday sweet Samuel. I have the feeling that Six is going to be a great year.