My baby turned four on Saturday. FOUR!
I say this every single year, but I’m just not sure how this happened. How did that teeny tiny little boy turn into a four-year old?
We celebrated quietly with birthday cake, hot dogs (birthday boy’s choice for dinner) and, of course, a few presents which included a new backpack and a batman lunchbox that he’ll use when he starts Pre-K in September. We’re hosting a larger party with his friends next weekend.
At four, Samuel…
- Still gives the best hugs and kisses on the planet (and becomes extremely upset if he doesn’t get a hug and kiss goodbye).
- Can be the most stubborn person I know (wonder where he gets that from?…)
- Is incredibly observant, pointing out almost everything he sees in the world around him – and has a million questions for us to answer.
- Still wants to hold my hand.
- Is currently all about the sounds that letters make and words that rhyme.
- Is obsessed with ninjas, superheroes and pretty much anything that his big brother is interested in.
- Would rather play with his brother than do just about anything else.
- Is sweet, frustrating, loving, smart, wonderful, angry and happy – sometimes all within the same 5 minute period.
While I miss my baby, watching him grow up is a wonderful adventure.