I love capturing images of my boys together. It happens so rarely that it clearly takes a bathtub to ensure they stay in the same place for more than five minutes. Of course this photo only came about after about 100 other shots, but it was worth it.
These are my favorite faces for February and my entry in this week’s I heart faces challenge.
- A great big brother – looking for lost toys and making sure his brother is doing the right thing.
- Sensitive – we’ve been dealing with moments of sadness and insecurity. Not sure if this is a five year old thing or just the musings of a very sensitive and thoughtful little boy.
- Curious – right now we’re in the process of identifying every single sign we see on the street (that’s 35 limit, mummy) and reading – numbers (above ten) and putting together letters. It’s all coming together.
- Smart – Being sick means staying at home, too many toys means it’s too much for him to possibly carry… Thankfully Mummy is still a little smarter.
- Learning – How to swim. He’s done so well with swimming lessons over the past few weeks. Our timid little boy is now put his head fully under water without fear until we count to 10.
- Funny – he will do just about anything to make us laugh these days – and do it over and over if it makes us laugh just once.
- Musical – Drums, guitar, singing. One of my favourite things at night is to sing a few songs with him before he goes to sleep.
- In Awe – of his big brother. If Thomas does something, you can count on Samuel trying to do the same thing just a few moments later.
- Slow – OMG – it takes this kid soooo long to finish a meal. He’s often left at the dinner table by himself.
- Making choices – his favorite color is blue, his best friend is Bowie (and then it’s Maggie, and then it’s George…), his favorite book author is Mercer Mayer (although he doesn’t know that, he just likes the critters), his favorite food is still blueberries (thankful they’re coming back in season).
Looking forward to, and a little frightened about, all March will bring, including travel (for Kei and then me), a big change with Samuel’s daycare, MORE photography (a promise to myself) and, most importantly, SPRING!
Bring it on!