Kei and I are seeing in the new year with a glass of wine, a DVD and a child who refuses to go to sleep. How’s your party?
I am not a big fan of resolutions. I prefer achievable goals and here are a few that I am aiming for in 2010:
- Project 365 – embarking on my photo a day project again. I gave it up early in 2009 and I really miss it.
- Learning more about my camera and overcoming my fear of using flash. Suggestions for courses or workshops in the Portland/Seattle area are welcome.
- Building my photography business while also continuing to evolve my day job into something that supports my creativity. I love the way Lyrebird Images is taking off and I hope it grows even more in 2009.
- Getting my US Citizenship. Of course I’ll still be an Aussie. I’m just trying to add one more passport to our complicated travel experience.
- Finish painting the inside of our house – 18 months after we finished the renovation.
There are others of course but they would fall under the title of resolution so I’m scared to put them in print.
2009 was good to us but I am looking forward to 2010. For now though, as Samuel would say, “Bye Bye 2009”.