I know everyone’s getting very tired of hearing about how busy I am, so I’m not going to talk about it.
OK, because I’m not going to talk about that-thing-I’m-not-going-to-talk-about, instead I’ll share a few random thoughts, musings, updates, photos.
- Today is Wednesday and I stayed up way too late last night so I’m tired. The kind of tired that makes you drive past Starbucks in auto mode on your way to work and then turn around and head back even though you’re nearly at the office because the thing you really need this morning is coffee.
- I stayed up late watching Glee with girlfriends whilst drinking glasses of red wine, so don’t feel too bad for me.
- Tomorrow is my birthday. I’m going to be… wait for it… 37. Although I have to keep reminding myself of that because I have been thinking that this will be my 36th birthday for some time now. It took the guy at the grocery store who checked my ID (and was born in the same year) to wish me a happy upcoming 37th. I corrected him and then realized my mistake.
- I don’t feel a day over 35.
- I think I may have unconsciously given myself a fringe (that’s “bangs” for my American readers), in an effort to hold onto my youth.
- I’m telling myself that I did it to give myself an edgier look before my upcoming work trip to New York.
- Speaking of New York. I have about 24 hours of “free” time. Suggestions for how to narrow down a big long list of things I want to do to fill in that time are gladly accepted. There’s a lot to do in NYC.
- Speaking of flying places, I took this photo with my iphone during my flight home from Seattle last week.
- And speaking of my trip to Seattle, this is the view from one side of our office in Bellevue. The other side has views of the Seattle skyline.
- My office in Portland has a view of a gold statue on the top of the Mormon temple. Just saying…
- Thomas found a 1936 penny in our backyard last week. Our house was built in 1923 so it now has me wondering what other treasures might be buried back there. We could be living on a gold mine of worthless (but very interesting) pennies.
- Starting to get very excited about our trip to Australia. It’s only a few weeks away now and I’m trying not to focus too much on all the work I have to do between now and then.
- I’m taking tomorrow and Friday off so I can have a relaxing and very LONG birthday weekend. On the agenda: A solo photo walk around the city (praying it doesn’t rain too much), an hour or so to browse the photography section of Powells, at least one yoga class and maybe another trip to the gym, getting my house cleaned (by someone else :)), Karaoke with the girls, dinner with my husband while some very kind friends take our kids for the night… and LOTS of time to just relax.